Link – If we don’t know, we can’t help!
Caring for one another is an important part of belonging to our community. Link is our community support group: a team of people from the Radlett Reform community, willing to look after the needs of our members by providing a sympathetic ear and practical assistance. We work alongside and in conjunction with our Community Support Worker.
Within the group there are trained counsellors and others skilled in befriending those in need, whether through bereavement or other circumstances. We are willing to help out with cooking or by organising lifts to synagogue services. Most importantly, we are there to listen and quietly offer support on the telephone or in person.
What can LINK do?
We aim to …..
- reach out to the community and involve others in our work
- telephone and visit elderly and housebound members of the community when requested
- provide meals when necessary
- offer lifts to services and other functions
- shop or collect prescriptions for you
- phone and maybe visit you if you have experienced a recent bereavement
- help to bring the community together and introduce you to fellow members
- listen and simply be there to support you through immediate personal difficulties.
We have Link representatives covering all the geographical areas from which the membership is drawn and they are prepared to contact anyone who we hear is unwell or in need of any help.